September 01, 2005

First Fifty to Familiarity

You did something because it had always been done, and the explanation was "but we've always done it this way." A million dead people can't have been wrong, can they?
--Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant

Two hours to go before the next class, and I’m unable to crash. So here I am, again. I stumbled upon this simple, crisp format in some blog and thought I could put it to good use.

So, without further ado, here’s my ‘First Fifty to Familiarity’-

  1. I won’t panic ever
  2. Unless there is something very vague and useless thought occupying my nimble brain
  3. I like movies with endings that make u wanna say, “what the fuck!!”
  4. I feel that the world needs smart people more than industrious ones
  5. I can run a marathon of 8 kms without giving up
  6. I’m chronically lazy, lazier than most people around me
  7. I feel that the eyes are the sexiest part of a woman
  8. I’m straight
  9. I’m scared of girls
  10. I’m mortally terrified of water and fire too
  11. I like contradictions
  12. And oxymorons and goldwynisms and spoonerisms
  13. My sis used to be my best friend
  14. Now, someone else is
  15. I feel a bit uncomfortable telling people about my personal life.
  16. I could listen to Pink Floyd an entire day and not get tired of it
  17. I think Jim Morrison is one of the ‘stud’-est guys ever on the planet
  18. I hate to use words like fate, fuck, fear, fire
  19. I love to use words like lol, hmmm, ‘Have-u-heard- this-joke?’
  20. I’m bankrupt most of the time
  21. I puked booze (only) once until now
  22. I find the hare in “the Hare and the Tortoise” the dumbest of all children story book characters
  23. But I feel that the moral of the story is completely misconstrued
  24. I consider it one of the greatest sins to flip the channel when someone is ardently watching something on tv
  25. If some beggar comes up to me with a kid in her arms, I wont give her anything
  26. If a child beggar sings or performs something really well, I might
  27. I would prefer to get wet in the rains rather than wear a raincoat (if mom allows me to get wet, that is)
  28. I don’t dream, and if I do , I hardly remember them
  29. And if I remember at all, it would be all too disconnected and too vague
  30. I used to pray
  31. Now, I don’t. I feel that praying for urself is selfish; it’s ok to pray for others
  32. I’m finding this shit really tough to write
  33. I have no idea where I’m heading to
  34. I wish I did
  35. Weirdo fascinates me!!
  36. I like to surprise people
  37. I love getting surprised myself
  38. Sometimes, I surprise myself
  39. I’m not a good liar
  40. I like misleading people though
  41. I think I’m better than most people around me
  42. Aham brahmasmi
  43. I’m tired of writing this. I need to get some rest
  44. I’m back
  45. I’d prefer a quiet night alone in the park to a party with a multitude of people
  46. I’m more or less content
  47. I believe it is the finest virtue of a human being to seek his/her own personal happiness
  48. I love food, but I’m not sure if the stomach is the best way to a man’s heart
  49. I’d hate to make someone hate me
  50. I was here. So were you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing thought process.

Anonymous said...

u are good.

hitchhiker said...

:)

Anonymous said...

This First Fifty is really catching on! (You in IIT? Or do you want to keep that secret?)

hitchhiker said...

i do ;)

Anonymous said...

So at leat tell me:

Do I know you?

hitchhiker said...

u do, but vaguely..am (was?) deep shawak's incongruous room-mate in ANGA in first yr ;)..stuck in chennai for now!!

Anonymous said...

Chandam Bobo!!!!!


Wow! How ARE you man? Of course I remember you.

Anandroop used to call you Jean-Claude Chandamme once in a while!

Small world eh?