September 03, 2007

A butterfly and the wind

I sensed the wind coming from a distance
Steadying, preparing myself
To battle against it
Or was it to welcome it?

She came with the wind,
Taking me by surprise –
Complete, pleasant, jittery.

My wings hurt as I tried to steady myself
My strength ebbed.

Was it an illusion?
My senses cheating on me?
But I saw myself – or a part of me..
I can, still.

I moved to touch her – but my limbs were immovable,
Paralysed.

The flutter of her hair – hurting my eyes
Blurring my senses
The scent of her hair but eluded me
Lost in the wind, perhaps
As my senses sought, desperately

Her voice I could hear
Slow, lazy, dissolved in the wind
I scraped the parts of it, putting them together
It was mine!

I tried to steady myself.
Tried to go back where I was
But I had been blown away!

The wind is long gone.
I still try to steady myself,
Despising myself for having blown that far.
I beckon my strength,
As I lay,
Thinking of the wind,
Of who was riding on it, and
What was taken away from me.

No comments: