September 15, 2005

The striker’s dilemma

My cell-phone rang in the now familiar ‘There she goes’ tune. However, I had no intention of attending to the call, precariously poised as I was, and engrossed in a game of Counterstrike (though I admit I am a novice still of the game). Though my right foot was firmly rooted to the ground, my left foot was on my desk, beside my keyboard. Three of my fingers were hovering excitedly over the keys a, s, w, d, with my thumb over the [spacebar] and the little finger ready to duck [shift]. My right hand was on the mouse, fiddling over the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, which I had for want of a suitable mouse-pad. (I have had opportunities to procure it from the Department Computer Center on three or more occasions before, but my prickly conscience always did me in.)

Some may argue vehemently against the positioning of my limbs thus, but I can guarantee the comfort achieved consequently. I can go as far as say that this is the most comfortable position achievable but shall stop a little short of it.

Now, my cell-phone was still ringing, but I was too busy cursing the server for kicking me out from the ensuing game, again, and again. I vowed I would stop playing if and when I got kicked the next, which happened a few tens of seconds later.

Later, I found a missed call and two messages. The missed call was from a friend two rooms away from mine. The messages were:
1. Dinner? (the one who gave me the missed call)
2. u will be happy that u got a message u can forward to people. But then this message contains nothing!

Ughh!!!

No comments: